5 Noteworthy Steps to Writing a Research Paper in MLA Style
When you are a student you are going to have to write research papers all the way through your academic career regardless of the subject that you are taking. You can’t escape from it whether you enjoy writing research papers or not, so you might as well perfect your craft, her are 5 tips to stick to when formulating a research paper MLA style.
- Plan: Would you attempt to get to a destination you are not familiar with without a map? I am sure you have answered no to this question. A plan when you are writing your research paper will provide you with a road map to get to your final destination which is a first class essay. You should spend plenty of time writing your plan to ensure that you include all key features that you can use to write the best essay possible.
- Introduction: Your introduction is the most important part of the research paper. You want to hook your reader here so that they are enticed to keep reading. Start with a powerful quote or statement with shock value. You will also need to introduce your topic and how you plan on proving your argument.
- Structure: You might have the best ideas out of all the students in your class; however, if the information that you provide is written in an incoherent manner, you won’t achieve the results you need to get a good grade. Make sure that you write clear and concise simple sentences so that what you have written is easy to understand. You will also need to ensure that your spelling and grammar are impeccable because you can get grades knocked off if your teacher finds a lot of mistakes in your work.
- Critique:It’s great to have a good argument, but you want your teacher to see that you are capable of seeing from more than one point of view. When you critique your argument you are playing devil’s advocate. You should incorporate several critical theories and opinions that refute what you are saying. But you then challenge these theories with your own opinions and back them up with valid research. This process will allow your teacher to assess your critical thinking skills.
- Refer back to the question: Sometimes we can get carried away when writing an essay especially when it is something we are passionate about. Make sure that you don’t wonder too far away from the subject and that you continuously refer back to the question to ensure that you have answered it to the best of your ability.
These five points should help you to write a great MLA style for research paper.